TheGeekeryBookReview

The Geekery Book Review

There's Wild, Then There's You (The Wild Ones, #3)There's Wild, Then There's You by M. Leighton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There is no other author that can make me feel as indecisive and fickle as M. Leighton can. Every book, every time, I always finish saying that it's my favorite and the best she has ever written. But it's true. Her writing style is the same. The reason I buy her books without even reading the back is that I know there's always going to be a happy ever after, and her characters are always relatable. But with each book she writes, she reaches a new depth and complexity that keeps you coming back for more. You want to see what she's going to come up with next. This one is no different.

Violet is a fixer. She tries to fix everything and everyone, but she doesn't want to pin all her hopes and dreams on one person and give them the power to wreck her like her mother did her father. I love that she doesn't believe anyone is beyond help, and she is determined to help Jet, just from a distance. While Jet is handsome and charismatic, she sees that he is just a guy, that he is human like the rest of us. He's surrounded by alcohol, and his drugs of choice are women and music. He's not happy with who he is, and is trying to find a way to be a better person. Even he sees that Violet can help him. He didn't know what his type of girl was until he met Violet, but seeing that they met under false pretenses, they have to find a way to work through those lies to who they really are and what they really want. Everything about their story is gripping, and it has a hold of you through the entire book.

I stuck so many post-it notes in this book that I had to run to the store for more about half way through. They were so many remarkable parts that some pages got 2 - 3 notes each. It's witty and playful, and I love the banter between Violet and Jethro (that name makes him so human!! It could not have been better!!), they just seem to have this ease between them that is enviable.

Violet is my girl. If any character Michelle has written has ever been relatable, it's Violet. You want her as your best friend, sister, any way you could have her, you want a Violet in your life. There's not one thing I don't like about her. I love them both, but for me, she's the exceptional part of the story.

Some of the things I love:

Tia. Dear God, I don't think I could handle a friend like her, but she's a RIOT!! Some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth is priceless!!

I love that Violet reads to escape. Just like the rest of us, reading is her drug.

I love her daddy. He's human and broken. Sometimes he can't see the hurt he's causing her, and even when he can, sometimes that's not even enough to get him through his pain. But he comes through for her and himself. That to me shows he's stronger than he realizes.

My favorite line from the whole book: "When I made love to you, I did it loving you with the heart that YOU changed." *sigh* So romantic...

If you have read this review, you don't need me to spell it out that I think this book is wonderful. You definitely need to meet Violet and Jet!!