TheGeekeryBookReview

The Geekery Book Review

Recklessly Royal by Nichole Chase
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is such a fun, quirky, cute read. From the start, with lines about Queen Elizabeth parading around in her panties while singing the national anthem, you just know that it's going to be lighthearted and fun.

At first I was a little worried because I hadn't read Suddenly Royal yet, but while it would have been nice to have the backstory, it worked out just fine as a stand alone. BUT, I did go buy Suddenly Royal about a quarter of the way through this story. It's not something I wanted to miss.

Cathy- or Princess Catherine- is used to the royal life and the side effects that come with it. From boys treating her like trophies to be shown off to the rigid calendar of social and princess duties, she never thought she would find someone to connect with like her older brother, Alex, and her best friend, Sam, did with each other.

David is your not so average, good looking American guy. He comes to help with the running of FBT (Future Bird Trust) while Sam is on her honeymoon, and after a hilarious run in (like SERIOUSLY hilarious!!) with a drunk Cathy, he endears himself to her with his sincerity and down to earth personality.

Two people could not be more opposite that David and Cathy. She's used to high society and he grew up on a South Georgia farm. It's totally perfect and works so well for the story. He brings out her relaxed, live-life-in-the-moment side, while she brings out a side of him that is protective and less introverted. After a rough start in the romance department, a few ups and downs with the media, and one sincerely annoying and easy to hate from the start fill-in assistant, they find their groove. If one paragraph can sum the whole book up, it's...

"You know, I always thought I wanted a knight in shining armor." I broke away from his kiss and looked up at him with a smile. "But I like my dashing rogue much better."..

Recklessly Royal is such a cute, easy to read story. I think I finished it in like 3 hours, but it never felt rushed or too short. It's written perfectly, and would make the perfect beach read for spring break or this summer. This is such an adorable, adult take on the likes of the Princess Diaries. I'm seriously excited for Max's story in Reluctantly Royal. In fact, I've already pre-ordered that one!!