TheGeekeryBookReview

The Geekery Book Review

Hard as You Can - Laura Kaye Hard as It Gets - Laura Kaye Hard to Come By - Laura Kaye Hard to Hold On To: A Hard Ink Novella - Laura Kaye

My thoughts:

Since I read Hard As it Gets, I have been dying for Derek’s story. A book written about a hot, but physically flawed man had my full attention. Could it be written with the sexiness and heat that Laura Kaye is known for, but also come across as vulnerable and real?? Because seriously, most romances are written about hot, perfect looking specimens of male flesh that might have a cute, quirky character flaw, but ultimately they are something you would see sculpted in marble in the finest museums in the world. Now, the other books in the Hard Ink series have dealt with scars, both physical and mental, but I can’t remember ever reading a romance about a man that’s an amputee. Needless to say, this intrigued me.

Well, let me say one thing….

She pulled it off!!!! Completely, honestly, vulnerably, and most of all sexily. Derek is so, so sweet, and funny, and down to earth, and then on a flip of the coin he is smoking hot, domineering, with a dirty mouth that just makes you swoon. He is everything you would put on a checklist for the perfect man. And you know what?? His leg adds a complete other layer to him that makes him, in my book, the man of the year. I know I should focus on both characters, and Emilie is kickass awesome, but Derek totally stole the show for me.

If you have read the other Hard Ink books, it’s a guarantee that you’ll love Hard To Come By even more. The normal Hard Ink camaraderie between all the men is there, and to me, that’s one of the main reason I love this series. There’s one line in the book that’s my favorite, because it totally sums up this series. It’s:… “ She felt a little ridiculous as she walked into the upscale grocery store, a team of muscled badasses following her.”… And that is the hotness known as The Men of Hard Ink. They protect what they love, they fight for what they believe in, and they make us wish they were ours!!

This is yet another 5 star read from Laura Kaye!!

Buy at Amazon | Amazon.ca | Amazon UK | B&N | iTunes | Kobo

Hard to Come By on Goodreads

Pre-order or purchase before December 2, and get awesome bonus content!